A rambling blog about the adventures of a mom of two with a new, not empty (!) nest...who is looking forward to inspired journeys into the worlds of photography, art, running, scrapbooking, and gardening.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
My 50th year, running, etc.
While running this morning, the day before my birthday, I couldn't help looking back on My Year Of Being 50. There was some tough stuff to work through this past year, but overall I am happy with it being the year I watched my youngest graduate from college, ran another half-marathon and grew my photography business.
Running works real voodoo on my psyche...I started my run thinking about this article and all I hadn't done this year to improve my running, went through a whole "This Is Your Life" episode in my head featuring highlights from the past year and ended it feeling pretty positive about how I'd shaved a few more seconds off my four mile run.
The definite high point of my day was a yummy cup of coffee and a lovely long visit with my friend Lauren whose blog and photography I admire so much. I must make visits with Lauren and "shop talk" a regular thing! I feel more energized about my photography and intrigued about improving my blogging after being with her.
Tomorrow is the start of a new year for me...it is My. New. Year. -.minus the resolutions but complete with goals, wishes and dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment