Friday, September 21, 2012

Finding Focus

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence."  Ansel Adams

This is a good quote for a day when I am feeling scattered.  Woke up tired, so I put in an hour on the elliptical and some time with free weights.  I feel better physically but mentally feel just out of it.  Went out and played with my camera.  I just love the brilliant red of these hummingbird vine blooms.













While not ignoring the thrill of the flowers that love the fall, especially these vine blossoms and butterfly ginger, I am also working on a series of photos that deals with the beauty I see in the plants of summer succumbing to the cooler temps of autumn.  Where others may just see dried-out, browning plants that need to be pruned back, I see this particular cycle of dying back as a hopeful time, a kind of promise that the winter can be survived and there will be another spring full of color and fresh green. 

No comments: