The morning started with promise. Windy and humid, for sure, but something I could handle. So I went for my 4 mile run. It started out well and then my back/piriformis/hamstring "thingie" started hurting...no sharp pains, thank goodness, but still. I stopped my watch, stretched and adjusted my gait when I started again. I managed it for a little while and then, thankfully, blissfully I felt no pain. Whew!
I got through breakfast with just some twinges and the hot shower after helped mucho. Off to my prayer shawl meeting, where I did some knitting and some visiting with my fellow prayer shawl peeps. Afterwards one of them told me that the first pastor of our church passed away on Sunday. I felt deflated suddenly and sorry that it has been so long since I've seen him and I pray that Father Schrader was surrounded by loved ones when it was time.
Since getting that sad news, I have felt grey and overcast just like the day. And tired. A nap didn't help much and I'm hoping that a good pasta dinner and some wine will help to put things to right...just a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment