"Only because
I err
do I get it right:
I create
Myself.
Margin of error:
margin of liberty."
This quote by Latin American writer Orides Fontela says something that feels so true and so amazing to me...
I must fail and continually pick myself up to try again in order to find ultimate success...even when I don't know what that success is.
My past, present and future mistakes as well as my successes make up who I am, they ARE who I am - I must love all I am, all the choices I've made and realize that true freedom comes when I allow myself to make mistakes as these will ultimately guide me to my final "right" place.
Embracing my mistakes...that is a foreign concept to me. Mistakes, errors in judgement, all the failed attempts to find out who I'm supposed to be have been embarssing, even debilitating memories for me. Loving my mistakes because they are a part of me...now that is liberating!
The journey I am on now will be full of failed attempts and I must learn to love them as I do any successes that come along.
photo credit: Sunset over the Chesapeake Bay, 2009 - Liz Romero
No comments:
Post a Comment