Today felt slow, in keeping with the unusually hot and humid weather. After my ritual early morning stroll around the backyard with coffee in hand, I knew I would be watering early. I did some weeding, spent some contemplative time under the silver maple, finished my watering duties and was chased indoors by the heat. The first smart thing I did today was decide not to go running and to take in a cardio kickboxing class instead...
Even cleaning house today felt very meditative. I moved methodically from task to task and tried hard to pay attention to what I was feeling. My body told me I needed more activity, strangely enough, and I enjoyed a dance aerobics class (Zumba!) this afternoon before dinner.
I'm pleasantly tired now but out of sorts mentally. It almost feels as if I needed to physically distract myself today from the confusing whirl of thoughts and feelings chasing each other around inside my crazy brain.
As Scarlett says (I'm sure I'm paraphrasing here), "Tomorrow is another day."
photo credit: Little Gem, Liz Romero, 2009
2 comments:
Liz, there must have been something in the air yesterday! i felt the same way. out of sorts. and i said the same thing to marcy late in the day -- tomorrow is another day! And I DO feel better today, so I hope YOU do, too. :)
Thanks Christine,
Acutally, the last two days have been downers for my spirit as well...some kind of funk has overtaken me and it's difficult to get through the day...it might have something to do with Alyssa leaving for Colorado yesterday for two months...she will be back just before she goes off to her senior year of college. I feel a little like I did when my youngest started college...just a little discombombulated...is that a word?
Post a Comment