Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Glancing Back, Looking Forward

Farewell, 2012!  And Welcome to 2013!
Another New Year.  sigh. 
More adjustments, new normals, constant change.  It's a good thing, I know, yet I tend to cling to the familiar, the comfortable. 
I'm not good at resolutions, btw.  They tend to stress me out - me AND my Type-A-Control-Freak personality.  So we will call this list:

Some Want-To-Do items for 2013

- Let go of responsibilities that are NOT mine.  (I am a mom of adult children.  This one is so important.)
- Stop being SO afraid of failure...Go. For. It.
- Work on my garden this spring...Have a plan.  Do it.
- Add more pilates and yoga to my cross-training - oh, and cross-train MORE. 
- Sign up for the Zooma Half-Marathon in Cape Cod taking place September 28...my bday!
- Get back to some scrapbooking - at least now and then.  Remember the Fun of it?
- Worry less, laugh more.
- Take more pictures.  Remember why I LOVE photography.  Practice.  Take risks here.

That's it for now.  I am a good mom, a good wife.  My house is clean and organized (for the most part!), the stuff that needs to get done, gets done.  So no need to mess with what works in those arenas. 
Looking back at my list - letting go...of fear, of worries and concerns that I can't control and re-connecting to what makes me ME - are the basic themes for 2013.

No comments: