Thursday, January 3, 2013

Craving Comfort

When the weather gets like this in my little part of the world - wet, cold, somewhat blustery and so grey - all I want to do is cuddle up with my animals, read a good mystery and drink green tea. 
Instead, I got myself out there for a run, did lots of laundry and then took Kona out for a well-deserved long trail walk.  She was so patient while I did laundry!  As miserable as my five mile run was (until the end!), the trail walk was even worse.  Kona LOVED it and by LOVE, I mean my little girl was running amok through muddy puddles, poking her head into brush full of squirrels and rabbits...Kona was In. Her. Element.
I, on the other hand, was SO cold despite all the layering and gloves AND a hat. 
In an attempt to feel warm and cozy, I've had some tea and am making some Tuscan Peasant Soup...full of veggies, yellow split peas and diced turkey ham.  With some multigrain bread, dinner is done!  And will provide the comfort only a yummy soup on a cold winter day can.


No comments: