A rambling blog about the adventures of a mom of two with a new, not empty (!) nest...who is looking forward to inspired journeys into the worlds of photography, art, running, scrapbooking, and gardening.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Nightly Meditation
The only time I find myself getting any knitting done is at night. Something about having my mind cleared of the to-do list for the day, perhaps. And even on those nights when I've realized I came up short for the day and left too much undone, at least the opportunity to complete just about anything on that list is lost - until tomorrow. I can mindlessly repeat stitches, breathe deeply and let it all go. I realize, most nights, that whatever I didn't get done wasn't THAT important...not really.
"Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive. When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is a great shot of your knitting... I can't knit to save myself, but my daughter can... mind you it is about 1000 degrees here in australia at the moment so no knitting is happening, just lots of swimming... nice to find you through CED...xx
Thanks, Tracey - so nice to meet up with you through CED and all the way from Australia! I live in Virginia Beach, VA (on the east coast) so it gets pretty nasty and humid here in the summer - I get what you mean about knitting when it's warm.. I still manage to work on a few projects during the summer, though - as long as they are by the pool and with a glass of something cold!
Loooove the quote. I'm going to copy it into my journal.
Great pic of knitting. I find myself knitting in the evenings as well--I 'listen' to the tv shows my family is watching, and don't feel as tho I'm wasting time!
Post a Comment