Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blanket of Blah? How about Giant Afghan of Blah?

I'll allow for some re-capping here.  But not too much, I promise.  Oh, who cares?  Who is reading this blog, anyway?
Since early February, I logged lots more runs, many trail walks - some in the snow - with the Kona, I completed the Va Is For Lovers 14K with a fabu time as well as the Shamrock Half Marathon on March 17th ( I took 20 minutes off my old PR!).  Kona had an "incident" involving a fish hook she found on the trails by the canal.  Yep...she swallowed it, I carried her off the trail, got her to the vet where they x-rayed, saw the hook in her esophagus, sedated her and tried to find the fishing line that was attached to it.  That was a No. Go.  We ended up at an emergency vet in Chesapeake - the only place with an internist who could go in with an endoscope and also a surgeon who could actually perform surgery if the endoscopy didn't work.  Well, you guessed it.  The surgery is what finally got the job done. $2500.00 and 6 hours later Kona was fish hook free!  She came home the next day, behaved like her usual lunatic self and within a week had the stitches unraveling from her antics.  On Day 10 after the surgery (this past Monday) the stitches that were left were removed and the surgeon, Dr. Marti, declared Kona "back to normal".  Crazy doggie. 
Other than the re-cap above, I've been feeling blah, eating too much, not too much interest in much other than sleeping, reading, and feeling fatigued.  I am not sure what is up with me.  Daughter #1 and the DH think a visit to a therapist is in order...but I just don't know.  Whatever.  Wow, that attitude is pretty pitiful.  I have moments of clarity, now and again, but for the most part I am adrift.
I ran today and yesterday but felt so damn exhausted.  It could be the heat.  It's been in the 80s by noon around here for the last few days and that is such a huge change from the upper 40s of last week.  Perhaps the bod is simply adjusting to the extra effort of running in heat.
Hopefully, I will be able to keep up with the blogging a bit better from here on out.  Must work on my 365 project as well.  I've been taking the photos but am too overwhelmed by whatever this is I'm feeling to take the time to post them.
Blah.

No comments: