Saturday, November 10, 2012

Long Run Sunday

Here it is - Saturday night.  I took the day off from running...from all exercising whatsoever, actually.  I am resting in preparation for tomorrow's run of seven miles.  This will be the run that determines my participation in the Santa 10 miler.  Will I or won't I?  Hmmmm....If I don't have to stop and rub my poor arthritic feet and I have a decent day after the run where I am able to function as a normal human being, there is a chance for the 10 miler.  We shall see.
It was a full day, despite the break from a workout.  Taking Kona for her park run, her obedience class and then a quick nap before working in the yard for a while (pruning plants and cleaning fountains)...Something about the frustration of Kona's obedience class makes me feel so fatigued...my body was screaming for a nap after lunch.  Odd.

I took some time to play with my camera after the yard work.


I am in LOVE with this golden color the maple is wearing so beautifully this fall.  Every time I come up the driveway to our home, I am mesmerized by the sight of the sunlight glowing through this canopy.





After pulling up into the driveway after Kona's class today, I was struck by how this one red leaf stood out among all the rest of the leaves on the crepe myrtle. 
Oh, how I love this time of year...the colors!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love a good nap! YAY for you!