A rambling blog about the adventures of a mom of two with a new, not empty (!) nest...who is looking forward to inspired journeys into the worlds of photography, art, running, scrapbooking, and gardening.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
A Pilgramage
The day after my sweet boy Keegan passed on, I walked our favorite trails - the trails we walked together hundreds of times over the years. I could feel his presence in the wind that swayed the tops of the trees, in the afternoon light that shined a mosaic of shadowed patterns onto the path before me. I reached a favorite spot of Keegan's, a place where he and I would often stop. His favorite, because there's a patch of tasty grass that always grows there and my favorite because I can sit on a tree root and watch the water, the trees and the occasional heron, egret or duck fly by. I lifted my face to the sun, breathed into the brush of wind and knew Keegan was there with me, - and I know he always will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have beautiful memories of Keegan, forever in your heart.!
You were both lucky to find each other. It was a special friendship! xo
Post a Comment