Friday, October 14, 2011

Autumn

photo: fall-blooming hummingbird vine, by Liz

From Creative Every Day, I copied these suggestions to get my autumn creative groove started:
  • *Take a walk and collect items that say fall to you.
  • *Use the items you've collected to make an "ode to autumn" arrangement in your space.
  • *Photograph a place in nature each day to capture the changes that happen during the season.
  • *Use fallen leaves to make prints or rubbings.
  • *Paint in autumn colors.
  • *Concoct warm drinks or foods that make you think of fall (think nutmeg, apples, and cinnamon!)
  • *Think back to your favorite fall moments and capture them in a poem.
  • *Press the last flowers of fall between the pages of book to savor or create with later.
I'm liking the suggestion to photograph a place in nature each day to capture the changes that fall brings. I just have to find the place! I'm also intrigued by the "paint in autumn colors" idea...I'm feeling adventurous today!

No comments: