I am a long-time fan of Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way" and her practice of Morning Pages. The idea is to just write...no editing, no judgement...just write. Three pages. Every day. I know she calls them 'morning' pages but I figure anytime is a good time as long as you do it. This practice is supposed to make us more mindful, help us tap into our energy flow, and encourage creativity.
I tend to turn my morning pages into to-do lists and then if I stick with it, the writing does become more free-flow, more about what I'm thinking and feeling at the moment.
I've done morning pages off and on for years and am starting again today - as you can see in the AFTERNOON vs. the morning...
There is so much going on with me right now, it's time again to get current with the who and what of ME. So I can figure out what I want more of and what I want less of and tap into the powerful creative energy that I KNOW runs through me.
This is MY time.
No comments:
Post a Comment